Termites make didgeridoos but they can't play them.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

What's a Decade to Me?


Here is a quilt I put away without finishing over ten years ago. For one reason and six hundred others it never came out again, but then it did. I pulled it out recently--to me recently means six months ago--and was plugging away at it. Even more recently, like two nights ago, a cat--the same one in this picture--puked on it. So, the upside is that now I know the brilliantly gold African fabrics I forgot to set/wash before using didn't run after all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh! You know how to Log Cabin! Owen, that is just spectuacular. And cool. Spectacularly cool. :)

I'm thrilled you pulled this back out. Even more thrilled to see that the colors held.

Anonymous said...

Good lord. Apparently I have lost all powers of copyediting. And typing.

Anonymous said...

An absolutely beautiful quilt! I've made a few, mostly a start pattern of some sort. Made a lovely tablecloth quilt once that my mother kept on her table under a heavy glass cut to size. I only do machine stitching, though some handquilting of the pattern. Again, this is just lovely.

susan@spinning

Owen Hansen said...

Thank you both very much. I should have other, more recent projects photographed soon...which for me means in the next ten years or so, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Just clicking about randomly and found you're still around - great!

Beautiful quilt.